Huntley Fall Fest 5K& Kids Dash presented by Kopf Running!
Join us as we resurrect the 5K as part of the annual Huntley Fall Fest! This will be the first annual Huntley Fall Fest Presented by Kopf Running! The race will benefit Action for Healthy Kids (AFHK), an organization committed to mobilizing school professionals, families and communities to take actions that lead to healthy eating, physical activity and healthier schools where kids thrive. Kopf Running, the presenting sponsor, has a personal connection to the organization, as the husband and wife team raise funds every year for AFHK while training for the Chicago Marathon! At the event and during online registration, we are collecting monetary donations for the AFHK (proceeds from entry fees also go to the organization)!
Included in your 5K registration:
Included in your 1/4 mile Kids Dash registration:
- T-shirt (sizing guaranteed only thru 9/11/18)
- Ticket for post-race pancake breakfast presented by Sun City Lions Club (walk from race location to pancake breakfast at the Huntley Rec Center)
- Goody bag with product samples and coupons
- Ticket for our raffle prize drawings (must be present to win)
- Youth sized t-shirt (sizing guaranteed only thru 9/11/18)
- Kids ticket for post-race pancake breakfast presented by Sun City Lions Club - if adult participated in 5K (walk from race location to pancake breakfast at the Huntley Rec Center)
- Goody bag with kid-friendly goodies
- Ticket for our kid-friendly raffle prize drawings (must be present to win)
Date & Time
Saturday, September 22nd, 2018 - 8:00am start for the 5K & 8:45am start for the 1/4 mile Kids Dash. Raffle drawing / race awards at approximately 9:00am. Pancake breakfast takes place at the Rec Center until 11am, so head over to redeem your free breakfast voucher when you are done with the race and after raffle drawing/ race awards!
Timed 5K: $30 thru September 21st. Race day $35. Kids Dash is always free.
Location of Start / Finish Area & Parking
Betsey Warrington Park, 12209 West Main Street, Huntley, IL 60142. Run/Walk and Kids Dash will begin near the pavilion of the park. However, all participants and volutneers will park in the lots directly behind (West) of the Huntley Rec Center and the grass lot directly to the North of the Huntley Park District entryway off of Route 47 (if needed). Volunteers will be on-site directing parking.
Check out this year's course map by clicking here!
Timing, Age Groups, & Awards
J3 Timing will be on hand to provide finish times to all runners and walkers participating in the 5K!! The timing is based on bib number, so please have your bib number displayed at all times while running the race, so that the timing company can accurately record your finishers time at the finish line. Please note results are not official until after the event. Awards will be given to the male and female top 3 in each age division (14 and under, 15-24, 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, 55-64, 65 and older) and the overall male and female finishers. Male and female overall winners will receive a $75 Running Depot Gift Certificate!
Packet Pick Up & Race Day Registration
- Packet pick up:
- Friday, September 21st from 6:00-8:00pm at the Huntley Rec Center gymnasium (12015 Mill Street, Huntley, IL 60142); race registration also available at packet pick up on Friday - cash or check only.
- Race morning Saturday, September 22nd from 6:00-7:30am at Betsey Warrington Park Shelter (12209 West Main Street, Huntley, IL 60142 -- see above regarding parking).
- You MAY pick up someone else's packet by giving the packet pick up volunteer the other person's first and last name.
- Race day registration:
- Available race morning, September 22nd from 6:00-7:30am at the Betsey Warrington Park Shelter (12209 West Main Street, Huntley, IL 60142 -- see above regarding parking).
- Cash or check only accepted on race morning.
Check back to the race website, this site, and Kopf Running's Facebook page for more info and updates! Volunteers are welcome! To find out how to volunteer, please click here. Email us at HuntleyFallFest5K@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more info.
- Run/Walk participants must be 5 years or older, and Kids Dash participants must be 12 months or older. All participants under the age of 18 must have a parent register them via online or in person registration.
- Strollers are welcome. No rollerblades, scooters, or roller-skates. No pets please. Walkers and participants with strollers please start in the back.
- Race course subject to change without notice. Course map is available here!
This 5K event is one of the many offerings of the Huntley Fall Fest weekend. Check out the other events at Fall Fest, which include: book sale, car and tractor shows, carnival, model train display, pancake breakfast, concerts from the areas top bands, craft and home business show, scarecrow building, sponsor/ business expo, and fireworks!! Find more info here
Thank you to our amazing race sponsors!!